It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness assessment or for your budget, being sure your headlight bulbs are always functioning is really important. Actually, bulbs are wearing parts that will unavoidably burn out along with time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re probably on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Audi Sq5, we’ve written this content page to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. First of all, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Audi Sq5 and secondly, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Audi Sq5?
We are going to start this content page with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Audi Sq5, you should know that depending on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same process to utilise, that’s why we are going to give you the two most common methods to change the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Audi Sq5 without removing the bumper.
First solution, we will change the bulb without dismantling the bumper of your car. Despite the fact this process is the simplest, there is no assurance that you can perform it on your automobile. Actually, in accordance with the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb in this manner. Here are the two different solutions to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Audi Sq5:
- By going under the bumper of your Audi Sq5: First technique, you will put yourself under your automobile, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the automobile, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that covers your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Audi Sq5 and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and at last change the front fog light bulb of your Audi Sq5
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To accomplish this, jack your automobile up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and perform the same procedure as explained previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Audi Sq5.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Audi Sq5 by removing the bumper?
We will at this point take a look at the case where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Audi Sq5 to be able to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To accomplish this, you will initially have to remove the front bumper of your Audi Sq5, do not hesitate to consult our complete guideline to know the exact operation, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your bonnet, in your wheel arches and under your automobile. Once the bumper has been removed, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and change the fog lamp bulb on your Audi Sq5 in the same manner as described previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Audi Sq5?
To finish, if you desire to change the rear fog bulb of your car the process is much simpler, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Audi Sq5.
- After finding the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Audi Sq5
- Put everything back in place
Check that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you need more guides on the Audi Sq5, go to our Audi Sq5 category.