Whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness assessment or for your wallet, being certain your headlight bulbs are constantly operational is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re probably in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Audi A5, we’ve written this content page to help you do this operation by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. To begin with ,, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Audi A5 and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Audi A5?
We are going to begin this content page with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Audi A5, be aware that dependent on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same method to utilise, that’s why we are going to give you the two most classical solutions to replace the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Audi A5 without removing the bumper.
First option, we will change the bulb without removing the bumper of your car. Although this method is the simplest, there is no assurance that you can carry it out on your car. In fact, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough room for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two different techniques to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Audi A5:
- By going under the bumper of your Audi A5: First technique, you will put yourself under your car, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough room under the bumper. Once under the car, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine unit and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Audi A5 and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and at last swap the front fog light bulb of your Audi A5
- By removing the wheel arch: Second option, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To achieve this, lift your car up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and accomplish the same operation as described previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Audi A5.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Audi A5 by removing the bumper?
We will at this point look at the case where you are obliged by lack of room on your car model to remove the bumper of your Audi A5 to be able to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To accomplish this, you will first have to remove the front bumper of your Audi A5, do not be reluctant to browse our complete article to know the exact procedure, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your hood, in your wheel arches and under your car. Once the bumper has been taken off, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Audi A5 in the same way as described previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Audi A5?
Finally, if you want to change the rear fog bulb of your car the method is much simpler, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Audi A5.
- After discovering the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Insert your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Audi A5
- Put everything back in place
Check that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you have any additional questions about the Audi A5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi A5 category.