It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or for your wallet, ensuring your headlight bulbs are constantly working is fundamental. The truth is, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after a while and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re almost certainly on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Volkswagen New Beetle, we’ve written this content to help you do this process by yourself and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To begin with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Volkswagen New Beetle.
How to select the low beam light bulb on my Volkswagen New Beetle?
Let’s commence our content with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Volkswagen New Beetle, you almost certainly already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. However, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not desire to purchase a complete set. Or maybe you want to increase the power of your headlights and as a consequence go for a more powerful bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Volkswagen New Beetle, we also focus on H7 bulbs, this is in actual fact the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different kind of bulbs that are available and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Volkswagen New Beetle: This first type of bulb has multiple advantages, they are appropriate for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the advantage of having a powerful and highly accurate beam but are likely to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. Additionally, they have a short life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your Volkswagen New Beetle for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Actually, it will provide you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but relating to life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be many interests to swap to this kind of technology for motorists. In actual fact, a LED bulb will firstly create a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, additionally it will have a very long life, you may change Volkswagen New Beetle before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with standard bulbs. Nevertheless, you should know that the retail price will be more expensive and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Volkswagen New Beetle
Now let’s move on to the part that almost certainly interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Volkswagen New Beetle, to swap this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In actual fact, we will detail the few steps to be achieved, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your automobile can be very complicated and will need the help of a professional:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Volkswagen New Beetle, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Locate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets complicated on some series, the access is sometimes complicated and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too complicated. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more complicated.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and swap the low beam bulb on your car
- Be sure you put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Volkswagen New Beetle, we have produced an article to help you with this process.
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen New Beetle, go to our Volkswagen New Beetle category.