Whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are all the time efficient is really important. Actually, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will unavoidably burn out over time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Toyota Tundra, we’ve posted this article to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and subsequently, how to change the low beam bulb on your Toyota Tundra.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Toyota Tundra?
Let’s start our article with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Toyota Tundra, you almost certainly already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. However, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not desire to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and as a consequence choose a more efficient bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Toyota Tundra, we also focus on H7 bulbs, this is in reality the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that can be found and their advantages:
- Halogen low beam bulb Toyota Tundra: This first type of bulb has several pros, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and precise beam but are likely to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. In addition, they have a limited life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your Toyota Tundra for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Actually, it will offer you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be different interests to switch to this form of technology for motorists. In truth, a LED bulb will firstly deliver a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, additionally it will have a very long life, you may change Toyota Tundra before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with standard bulbs. On the other hand, you should know that the retail price will be higher and that on some versions you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Toyota Tundra
Now let’s go forward to the section that almost certainly interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Toyota Tundra, to swap this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In truth, we will explain the few steps to be achieved, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your automobile can be very challenging and will need the help of a professional:
- To swap a low beam bulb on your Toyota Tundra, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Find out the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in some cases problematic and making room by removing the elements that obstruct may seem too challenging. Generally, one side is easy and the other is more complicated.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and swap the low beam bulb on your car
- Be sure you put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the procedure on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Toyota Tundra, we have made a paper to help you with this operation.
To discover more tips on the Toyota Tundra, take a look at the Toyota Tundra category.