No matter it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or for your wallet, making sure your headlight bulbs are constantly functioning is fundamental. Actually, bulbs are wearing parts that will unavoidably burn out with time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re likely on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Toyota Highlander, we’ve created this content to help you do this operation by yourself and not need to go to your auto mechanic. First of all, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Toyota Highlander.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Toyota Highlander?
Let’s begin our content with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Toyota Highlander, you likely already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. Even so, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not wish to buy a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and as a consequence select a more powerful bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Toyota Highlander, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is in reality the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different kind of bulbs that are available and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Toyota Highlander: This first sort of bulb has multiple pros, they are appropriate for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the advantage of having a powerful and precise beam but are likely to create a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. In addition, they have a short life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your Toyota Highlander for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In truth, it will offer you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be many interests to switch to this form of technology for motorists. Actually, a LED bulb will firstly deliver a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, additionally it will have a very long life, you may change Toyota Highlander before you need to change bulb, finally the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less consequences than with standard bulbs. In contrast, you should know that the retail price will be higher and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Toyota Highlander
Now let’s move on to the section that likely interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Toyota Highlander, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. Actually, we will explain the few steps to be conducted, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your vehicle can be very complicated and will need the help of a professional:
- To swap a low beam bulb on your Toyota Highlander, you’ll have to open the cover of the bulb.
- Find the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets complicated on some series, the access is in certain cases problematic and making room by removing the parts that obstruct may seem too complicated. Generally, one side is easy and the other is more challenging.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Don’t forget to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the operation on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Toyota Highlander, we have written a paper to help you with this procedure.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Toyota Highlander, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Highlander category.