Regardless whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or for your wallet, ensuring that your headlight bulbs are always operational is extremely important. The truth is, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out after a while and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re likely on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Subaru Crosstrek, we’ve created this content page to help you do this operation without help and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To start with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Subaru Crosstrek.
How to select the low beam light bulb on my Subaru Crosstrek?
Let’s start our content page with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Subaru Crosstrek, you likely already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. However, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not wish to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and as a consequence go for a more efficient bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Subaru Crosstrek, we also focus on H7 bulbs, this is in truth the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that can be found and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Subaru Crosstrek: This first type of bulb has several advantages, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the advantage of having a powerful and precise beam but are likely to create a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. Furthermore, they have a limited life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your Subaru Crosstrek for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Actually, it will offer you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but relating to life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be several interests to switch to this sort of technology for motorists. In actual fact, a LED bulb will firstly create a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, in addition it will have a very long life, you may change Subaru Crosstrek before you need to change bulb, finally the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with standard bulbs. On the other hand, you should know that the purchase price will be more expensive and that on some versions you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Subaru Crosstrek
Now let’s move on to the section that likely interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Subaru Crosstrek, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In actual fact, we will outline the few steps to be carried out, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your vehicle can be very challenging and will involve the help of a professional:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Subaru Crosstrek, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Find the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in some cases problematic and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too challenging. Generally, one side is easy and the other is more challenging.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Don’t forget to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the operation on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Subaru Crosstrek, we have made content pages to help you with this process.
To discover more tips on the Subaru Crosstrek, take a look at the Subaru Crosstrek category.