No matter it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are all the time functional is fundamental. The truth is, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re likely in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Peugeot 607, we’ve created this article to help you do this process by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. First of all, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Peugeot 607.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Peugeot 607?
Let’s begin our article with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Peugeot 607, you likely already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. Even so, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not want to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to increase the power of your headlights and as a consequence go for a more powerful bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Peugeot 607, we also focus on H7 bulbs, this is actually the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that are available and their advantages:
- Halogen low beam bulb Peugeot 607: This first kind of bulb has several advantages, they are appropriate for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and precise beam but are likely to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes pretty quickly. Moreover, they have a modest life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your Peugeot 607 for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In truth, it will give you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but relating to life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be many interests to swap to this type of technology for motorists. Actually, a LED bulb will firstly deliver a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, moreover it will have a very long life, you may change Peugeot 607 before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less repercussions than with conventional bulbs. On the flip side, you should know that the purchase price will be more expensive and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Peugeot 607
Now let’s go forward to the part that likely interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Peugeot 607, to swap this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. Actually, we will describe the few steps to be done, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your vehicle can be very challenging and will involve the help of a specialist:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Peugeot 607, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Locate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in certain cases difficult and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too challenging. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more complicated.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and swap the low beam bulb on your car
- Make sure to put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Peugeot 607, we have produced a paper to help you with this process.
If you wish more tutorials on the Peugeot 607, go to our Peugeot 607 category.