It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are always functional is really important. The truth is, bulbs are wearing parts that will unavoidably burn out in the long run and consequently need to be changed. You’re probably in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Land Rover Range Rover, we’ve posted this content page to help you do this process by yourself and not need to go to your repair shop. Firstly, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and subsequently, how to change the low beam bulb on your Land Rover Range Rover.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Land Rover Range Rover?
Let’s start our content page with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Land Rover Range Rover, you probably already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. Even so, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not want to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and consequently choose a more efficient bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Land Rover Range Rover, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is indeed the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different types of bulbs that are available and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Land Rover Range Rover: This first category of bulb has many pros, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the advantage of having a powerful and precise beam but tend to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes pretty quickly. Furthermore, they have a short life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Replacing the low beam bulb of your Land Rover Range Rover for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Indeed, it will give you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be several interests to swap to this kind of technology for motorists. In actual fact, a LED bulb will firstly create a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, additionally it will have a very long life, you may change Land Rover Range Rover before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less repercussions than with conventional bulbs. On the flip side, you should know that the purchase price will be higher and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Land Rover Range Rover
Now let’s go forward to the section that probably interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Land Rover Range Rover, to replace this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In actual fact, we will detail the few steps to be done, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your automobile can be very complicated and will require the help of a specialist:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Land Rover Range Rover, you’ll have to open the cover of the bulb.
- Locate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets complicated on some series, the access is in some cases problematic and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too complicated. In general, one side is easy and the other is more difficult.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and replace the low beam bulb on your car
- Be sure you put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Land Rover Range Rover, we have written a short article to help you with this procedure.
If you need more tutorials on the Land Rover Range Rover, go to our Land Rover Range Rover category.