It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your budget, being sure your headlight bulbs are constantly efficient is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out with time and as a result need to be changed. You’re most likely on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Jeep Wrangler, we’ve written this content to help you do this procedure without help and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To start with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Jeep Wrangler.
How to select the low beam light bulb on my Jeep Wrangler?
Let’s begin our content with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Jeep Wrangler, you most likely already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. Nevertheless, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not wish to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to increase the power of your headlights and as a result choose a more efficient bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Jeep Wrangler, we also focus on H7 bulbs, this is in actual fact the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different types of bulbs that exist and their advantages:
- Halogen low beam bulb Jeep Wrangler: This first sort of bulb has multiple advantages, they are appropriate for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the advantage of having a powerful and highly accurate beam but usually tend to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes pretty quickly. In addition, they have a limited life span and can burn out quite quickly for no reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Replacing the low beam bulb of your Jeep Wrangler for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Actually, it will provide you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be several interests to swap to this kind of technology for motorists. Actually, a LED bulb will firstly deliver a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, in addition it will have a very long life, you may change Jeep Wrangler before you need to change bulb, finally the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less consequences than with classic bulbs. On the flip side, you should know that the retail price will be more expensive and that on some versions you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Jeep Wrangler
Now let’s move on to the section that most likely interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Jeep Wrangler, to replace this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. Actually, we will outline the few steps to be carried out, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your automobile can be very challenging and will require the help of a professional:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Jeep Wrangler, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Locate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is sometimes complicated and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too challenging. Generally, one side is easy and the other is more complicated.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and replace the low beam bulb on your car
- Don’t forget to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the procedure on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Jeep Wrangler, we have made a paper to help you with this process.
To discover more tips on the Jeep Wrangler, take a look at the Jeep Wrangler category.