It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your budget, ensuring your headlight bulbs are all the time efficient is imperative. Actually, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will unavoidably burn out over time and consequently need to be changed. You’re probably on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Jeep Liberty, we’ve written and published this article to help you do this process by yourself and not need to go to your repair shop. To start with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and subsequently, how to change the low beam bulb on your Jeep Liberty.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Jeep Liberty?
Let’s begin our article with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Jeep Liberty, you probably already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. Even so, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not wish to buy a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and consequently select a more powerful bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Jeep Liberty, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is in truth the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different types of bulbs that exist and their advantages:
- Halogen low beam bulb Jeep Liberty: This first sort of bulb has multiple pros, they are appropriate for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the advantage of having a powerful and precise beam but tend to generate a yellow light that tires the eyes rapidly. Moreover, they have a limited life span and can burn out quite quickly for no reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your Jeep Liberty for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In truth, it will offer you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be several interests to swap to this form of technology for motorists. In reality, a LED bulb will firstly deliver a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, in addition it will have a very long life, you may change Jeep Liberty before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with standard bulbs. In contrast, you should know that the retail price will be more expensive and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Jeep Liberty
Now let’s move on to the section that probably interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Jeep Liberty, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In reality, we will outline the few steps to be achieved, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your car can be very complicated and will require the help of a specialist:
- To swap a low beam bulb on your Jeep Liberty, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Situate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets complicated on some series, the access is sometimes problematic and making room by removing the elements that interfere may seem too complicated. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more challenging.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Make sure to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Jeep Liberty, we have made content pages to help you with this operation.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Jeep Liberty, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Liberty category.