It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are always working is extremely important. The truth is, bulbs are wearing parts that will unavoidably burn out over time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably here because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Honda Odyssey, we’ve written this content page to help you do this process by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Honda Odyssey.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Honda Odyssey?
Let’s commence our content page with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Honda Odyssey, you probably already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. Even so, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not desire to buy a complete kit. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and as a result choose a more efficient bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Honda Odyssey, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is in fact the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that exist and their pros:
- Halogen low beam bulb Honda Odyssey: This first category of bulb has many advantages, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and precise beam but tend to generate a yellow light that tires the eyes rapidly. Additionally, they have a modest life span and can burn out quite quickly for no reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your Honda Odyssey for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In truth, it will give you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but relating to life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be many interests to switch to this kind of technology for motorists. In actual fact, a LED bulb will firstly deliver a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, additionally it will have a very long life, you may change Honda Odyssey before you need to change bulb, at last the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less consequences than with standard bulbs. On the other hand, you should know that the retail price will be more expensive and that on some versions you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Honda Odyssey
Now let’s go forward to the section that probably interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Honda Odyssey, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In actual fact, we will explain the few steps to be done, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your vehicle can be very challenging and will require the help of a specialist:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Honda Odyssey, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Find the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in certain cases problematic and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too challenging. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more difficult.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Remember to put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Honda Odyssey, we have made an article to help you with this procedure.
If you have any additional questions about the Honda Odyssey, do not hesitate to consult our Honda Odyssey category.