Whether it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness assessment or for your budget, making sure your headlight bulbs are constantly working is extremely important. The reality is, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re most likely on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Ford Taurus, we’ve posted this article content to help you do this process without help and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To begin with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and subsequently, how to change the low beam bulb on your Ford Taurus.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Ford Taurus?
Let’s begin our article content with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Ford Taurus, you most likely already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. However, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not want to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to boost the power of your headlights and consequently choose a more efficient bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Ford Taurus, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is in reality the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that can be found and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Ford Taurus: This first kind of bulb has several pros, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and highly accurate beam but usually tend to create a yellow light that tires the eyes pretty quickly. Furthermore, they have a modest life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Replacing the low beam bulb of your Ford Taurus for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Actually, it will offer you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but relating to life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be many interests to switch to this kind of technology for motorists. Actually, a LED bulb will firstly produce a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, furthermore it will have a very long life, you may change Ford Taurus before you need to change bulb, to finish the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with conventional bulbs. Nevertheless, you should know that the retail price will be higher and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Ford Taurus
Now let’s move on to the part that most likely interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Ford Taurus, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. Actually, we will outline the few steps to be conducted, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your automobile can be very challenging and will need the help of a professional:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Ford Taurus, you’ll have to open the cover of the bulb.
- Situate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in some cases complicated and making room by removing the components that obstruct may seem too challenging. In general, one side is easy and the other is more challenging.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Make sure to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Ford Taurus, we have produced a paper to help you with this operation.
To find more tips on the Ford Taurus, take a look at the Ford Taurus category.