It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your budget, being certain your headlight bulbs are always operational is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the long run and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Chevrolet Sonic, we’ve written this article to help you do this operation on your own and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To begin with ,, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and subsequently, how to change the low beam bulb on your Chevrolet Sonic.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Chevrolet Sonic?
Let’s begin our article with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Chevrolet Sonic, you probably already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. Even so, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not desire to buy a complete set. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and as a result select a more efficient bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Chevrolet Sonic, we also refer to H7 bulbs, this is actually the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that can be found and their pros:
- Halogen low beam bulb Chevrolet Sonic: This first type of bulb has several advantages, they are appropriate for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and highly accurate beam but tend to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes rapidly. In addition, they have a short life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your Chevrolet Sonic for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In fact, it will give you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be different interests to switch to this form of technology for motorists. In truth, a LED bulb will firstly deliver a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, moreover it will have a very long life, you may change Chevrolet Sonic before you need to change bulb, finally the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less consequences than with classic bulbs. Nevertheless, you should know that the purchase price will be higher and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Chevrolet Sonic
Now let’s go forward to the section that probably interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Chevrolet Sonic, to swap this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In truth, we will outline the few steps to be done, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your car can be very challenging and will involve the help of a professional:
- To swap a low beam bulb on your Chevrolet Sonic, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Locate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in certain cases complicated and making room by removing the components that interfere may seem too challenging. In general, one side is easy and the other is more difficult.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and swap the low beam bulb on your car
- Make sure to put everything back in place, remembering to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the operation on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Chevrolet Sonic, we have produced a paper to help you with this operation.
If you want more guides on the Chevrolet Sonic, go to our Chevrolet Sonic category.