No matter it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness assessment or for your budget, being sure your headlight bulbs are all the time operational is imperative. The truth is, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after a while and therefore need to be changed. You’re most likely on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Buick LaCrosse, we’ve created this content page to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your repair shop. Firstly, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and subsequently, how to change the low beam bulb on your Buick LaCrosse.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Buick LaCrosse?
Let’s begin our content page with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Buick LaCrosse, you most likely already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. However, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not want to buy a complete set. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and therefore go for a more efficient bulb. When we talk about dipped beam light bulbs on your Buick LaCrosse, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is actually the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different kind of bulbs that are available and their pros:
- Halogen low beam bulb Buick LaCrosse: This first sort of bulb has several advantages, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and precise beam but tend to generate a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. Additionally, they have a short life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your Buick LaCrosse for Xenon is the mid-range choice. Actually, it will give you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be several interests to swap to this type of technology for motorists. In truth, a LED bulb will firstly create a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, additionally it will have a very long life, you may change Buick LaCrosse before you need to change bulb, finally the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with conventional bulbs. In contrast, you should know that the retail price will be higher and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Buick LaCrosse
Now let’s go forward to the section that most likely interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Buick LaCrosse, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In truth, we will outline the few steps to be conducted, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your car can be very challenging and will require the help of a professional:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Buick LaCrosse, you’ll have to open the cover of the bulb.
- Find the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is sometimes difficult and making room by removing the parts that obstruct may seem too challenging. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more complicated.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Remember to put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the procedure on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Buick LaCrosse, we have written an article to help you with this procedure.
If you need more tutorials on the Buick LaCrosse, go to our Buick LaCrosse category.