Regardless it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness assessment or for your wallet, being sure your headlight bulbs are always working is fundamental. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will unavoidably burn out as time passes and therefore need to be changed. You’re most likely on this page because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Audi A5, we’ve written and published this article to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and subsequently, how to change the low beam bulb on your Audi A5.
How to select the low beam light bulb on my Audi A5?
Let’s start our article with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Audi A5, you most likely already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your car. Nevertheless, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not want to purchase a complete kit. Or maybe you want to increase the power of your headlights and therefore choose a more powerful bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Audi A5, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is actually the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that exist and their features:
- Halogen low beam bulb Audi A5: This first type of bulb has many pros, they are appropriate for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and precise beam but tend to produce a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. In addition, they have a modest life span and can burn out quite quickly without a reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Replacing the low beam bulb of your Audi A5 for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In fact, it will provide you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life span, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Swapping the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be different interests to swap to this type of technology for motorists. In fact, a LED bulb will firstly produce a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, additionally it will have a very long life, you may change Audi A5 before you need to change bulb, to finish the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less outcomes than with conventional bulbs. Nevertheless, you should know that the purchase price will be more expensive and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Audi A5
Now let’s move on to the part that most likely interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Audi A5, to replace this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. In fact, we will describe the few steps to be carried out, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your car can be very complicated and will involve the help of a professional:
- To swap a low beam bulb on your Audi A5, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Locate the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets complicated on some series, the access is in certain cases difficult and making room by removing the parts that interfere may seem too complicated. Generally, one side is easy and the other is more challenging.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and replace the low beam bulb on your car
- Be sure you put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the procedure on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Audi A5, we have made a short article to help you with this process.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Audi A5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi A5 category.