We are fortunate to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of features, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our Volkswagen Tiguan. If it’s listening to the radio, playing your favorite musician, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Volkswagen Tiguan is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to replace the speakers in your Volkswagen Tiguan . In fact, when you identify a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its audio system. In this tutorial we will show you exactly how you can replace the speakers of your Volkswagen Tiguan, detailed. To accomplish this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and at last, likely what brings you in this article, how to replace the speakers of your Volkswagen Tiguan.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Volkswagen Tiguan
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on Volkswagen Tiguan with the speaker remedy step . It is important to know that this is not an effortless process and if you do it, it needs to be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth changing it with a best speaker. However, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in many instances done of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Volkswagen Tiguan to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to operate on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, softly and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it denotes that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, move forward to the following sections of this article.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Volkswagen Tiguan, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, carefully uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions provided with your new suspension membrane assembly to finish repairing the speakers of your Volkswagen Tiguan.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Volkswagen Tiguan?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Volkswagen Tiguan. Keep in mind that a high-performance audio system is related to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when picking the speakers you want to replace on your Volkswagen Tiguan:
- Selecting which speakers to replace (in some cases just a block in the lower part of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Volkswagen Tiguan, the more you select a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more detailed the sound of your car will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is appropriate for your set up.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Volkswagen Tiguan SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last step of our tutorial on changing speakers on Volkswagen Tiguan . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally fragile).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be mindful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t neglect to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Volkswagen Tiguan and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Volkswagen Tiguan.
A little tips, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on Volkswagen Tiguan, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite music with this brand new audio system. In the event that you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we suggest that you replace the car radio in your Volkswagen Tiguan, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen Tiguan, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Tiguan category.