We are fortunate to have cars that are built with a number of options, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Volkswagen Golf 7. Whether it’s listening to the radio, listening to your favorite artist, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the largest part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Volkswagen Golf 7 is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to replace the speakers in your Volkswagen Golf 7 . In fact, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its audio system. In this tutorial we will show you accurately how you can replace the speakers of your Volkswagen Golf 7, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, probably what brings you on this website, how to replace the speakers of your Volkswagen Golf 7.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Volkswagen Golf 7
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on Volkswagen Golf 7 with the speaker repair step . It is essential to know that this is not an easy project and if you do it, it should be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth changing it with a good speaker. Nevertheless, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only treatment we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in many instances done of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Volkswagen Golf 7 to move and produce sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to work on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you identify a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, proceed to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t produce any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Volkswagen Golf 7, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the process, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate to do this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions supplied with your new suspension membrane assembly to end repairing the speakers of your Volkswagen Golf 7.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Volkswagen Golf 7?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Volkswagen Golf 7. Remember that a high-performance audio system is related to an uncertain balance. So if you are trying to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to produce this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when choosing the speakers you want to replace on your Volkswagen Golf 7:
- Choosing which speakers to replace (in some cases only a block in the lower component of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Volkswagen Golf 7, the more you select a speaker model that is pre-loaded with a high number of channels, the more proper the sound of your car will be. Make sure to verify that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Make certain that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Volkswagen Golf 7 SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last stage of our tutorial on changing speakers on Volkswagen Golf 7 . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be very careful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t forget to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Volkswagen Golf 7 and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Duplicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Volkswagen Golf 7.
A little suggestions, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they produce a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on Volkswagen Golf 7, now all you have to do is enjoy your favorite music with this brand new audio system. In case you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you replace the car radio in your Volkswagen Golf 7, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our article on this subject.
If you want more tutorials on the Volkswagen Golf 7, go to our Volkswagen Golf 7 category.