We are fortunate to have cars that are built with a number of options, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our Vauxhall Corsa. If it’s listening to the radio, listening to your favorite artist, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the largest part of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Vauxhall Corsa is damaged, you may get a crackling feeling and want to change the speakers in your Vauxhall Corsa . In reality, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its head unit. In this tutorial we will present you accurately how to change the speakers of your Vauxhall Corsa, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and at last, most likely what brings you on this website, how to change the speakers of your Vauxhall Corsa.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Vauxhall Corsa
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on Vauxhall Corsa with the speaker remedy step . It is essential to know that this is not an easy work and if you do it, it must be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a good speaker. However, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just treatment we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Vauxhall Corsa to move and generate sound. In the event that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is damaged and needs to be changed. Instead, continue to the following areas of this guide.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Vauxhall Corsa, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions furnished with your new suspension membrane set up to end repairing the speakers of your Vauxhall Corsa.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Vauxhall Corsa?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Vauxhall Corsa. Remember that a high-performance speakers is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when picking the speakers you want to change on your Vauxhall Corsa:
- Determining which speakers to change (sometimes just a block in the lower component of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Vauxhall Corsa, the more you choose a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more accurate the sound of your car will be. Remember to check that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is appropriate for your installation.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Vauxhall Corsa SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last step of our tutorial on changing speakers on Vauxhall Corsa . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if required (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally vulnerable).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it completely (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event that you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Vauxhall Corsa and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Duplicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Vauxhall Corsa.
A little advice, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change a speaker on Vauxhall Corsa, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite songs with this brand new speakers. In the event you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we suggest that you change the car radio in your Vauxhall Corsa, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content on this subject.
If you want more guides on the Vauxhall Corsa, go to our Vauxhall Corsa category.