We are lucky to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of options, one of the most popular of which is the audio function in our seat ibiza. If it’s playing the radio, listening to your favorite musician, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your seat ibiza is damaged, you may get a crackling sensation and want to replace the speakers in your seat ibiza . In fact, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its head unit. In this tutorial we will show you exactly methods to replace the speakers of your seat ibiza, in depth. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and at last, probably what brings you on this website, how to replace the speakers of your seat ibiza.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON seat ibiza
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on seat ibiza with the speaker remedy step . It is essential to know that this is not an easy project and if you do it, it needs to be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth replacing it with a correct speaker. On the other hand, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases done of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your seat ibiza to move and produce sound. In the event that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to operate on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you recognize a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is broken and needs to be replaced. Instead, carry on to the following areas of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your seat ibiza, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the process, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle to do this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions provided with your new suspension membrane assembly to complete repairing the speakers of your seat ibiza.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an seat ibiza?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your seat ibiza. Remember that a high-performance sound system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when choosing the speakers you want to replace on your seat ibiza:
- Determining which speakers to replace (often just a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your seat ibiza, the more you choose a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more reliable the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to check that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE seat ibiza SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last stage of our tutorial on changing speakers on seat ibiza . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases fragile).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be careful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event that you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your seat ibiza and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your seat ibiza.
A little suggestions, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on seat ibiza, now all you have to do is enjoy your favorite songs with this brand new sound system. In case you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your seat ibiza, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
If you want more tutorials on the seat ibiza, go to our seat ibiza category.