We are fortunate to have cars that are equipped with a number of options, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our PORSCHE BOXSTER. If it’s listening to the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile phone and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your PORSCHE BOXSTER is damaged, you may get a crackling feeling and want to replace the speakers in your PORSCHE BOXSTER . In fact, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its audio system. In this tutorial we will show you exactly how to replace the speakers of your PORSCHE BOXSTER, detailed. To do this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and finally, likely what brings you in this article, how to replace the speakers of your PORSCHE BOXSTER.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON PORSCHE BOXSTER
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on PORSCHE BOXSTER with the speaker repair step . It is necessary to know that this is not an effortless project and if you do it, it needs to be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a correct speaker. Nevertheless, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only treatment we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases done of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your PORSCHE BOXSTER to move and generate sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it means that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, carry on to the following areas of this guide.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your PORSCHE BOXSTER, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane set up to end repairing the speakers of your PORSCHE BOXSTER.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an PORSCHE BOXSTER?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your PORSCHE BOXSTER. Remember that a high-performance speakers is linked to an uncertain balance. So if you are looking to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when picking the speakers you want to replace on your PORSCHE BOXSTER:
- Selecting which speakers to replace (occasionally only a block in the lower component of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your PORSCHE BOXSTER, the more you select a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more proper the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to verify that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Make certain that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your installation.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE PORSCHE BOXSTER SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last stage of our tutorial on changing speakers on PORSCHE BOXSTER . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t forget to keep the screws in the event that you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your PORSCHE BOXSTER and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Install the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your PORSCHE BOXSTER.
A little advice, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace a speaker on PORSCHE BOXSTER, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite beats with this brand new speakers. In the event you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your PORSCHE BOXSTER, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our content page on this subject.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the PORSCHE BOXSTER, do not hesitate to consult our PORSCHE BOXSTER category.