We are fortunate to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of options, one of the best of which is the audio function in our Peugeot 309. Whether it’s enjoying the radio, enjoying your favorite musician, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Peugeot 309 is damaged, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to replace the speakers in your Peugeot 309 . In reality, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its audio system. In this guide we will show you accurately how to replace the speakers of your Peugeot 309, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and at last, likely what brings you on this website, how to replace the speakers of your Peugeot 309.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Peugeot 309
Let’s start our guide on changing speakers on Peugeot 309 with the speaker repair step . It is necessary to know that this is not a simple project and if you do it, it should be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a correct speaker. However, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Peugeot 309 to move and produce sound. In the event that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you recognize a rubbing noise, it denotes that your speaker is broken and needs to be replaced. Instead, move forward to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Peugeot 309, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane assembly to complete repairing the speakers of your Peugeot 309.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Peugeot 309?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Peugeot 309. Remember that a high-performance audio system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are looking to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when picking the speakers you want to replace on your Peugeot 309:
- Deciding which speakers to replace (often only a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Peugeot 309, the more you select a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more accurate the sound of your car will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is suitable for your installation.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Peugeot 309 SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last section of our guide on changing speakers on Peugeot 309 . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it completely (don’t forget to keep the screws in the event that you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Peugeot 309 and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Peugeot 309.
A little suggestions, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on Peugeot 309, now all you have to do is enjoy your favorite songs with this brand new audio system. In the event you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you replace the car radio in your Peugeot 309, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
If you have any further questions about the Peugeot 309, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 309 category.