We are fortunate to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of features, one of the best of which is the audio function in our Peugeot 308. Whether it’s playing the radio, listening to your favorite musician, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the largest part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Peugeot 308 is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to replace the speakers in your Peugeot 308 . In fact, when you identify a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its head unit. In this guide we will present you accurately ways to replace the speakers of your Peugeot 308, detailed. To accomplish this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, most certainly what brings you in this article, how to replace the speakers of your Peugeot 308.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Peugeot 308
Let’s begin our guide on changing speakers on Peugeot 308 with the speaker repair step . It is necessary to know that this is not an effortless work and if you do it, it should be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth replacing it with a good speaker. However, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just treatment we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Peugeot 308 to move and produce sound. In case that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to work on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, carefully and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you detect a rubbing noise, it shows that your speaker is broken and needs to be replaced. Instead, proceed to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Peugeot 308, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the process, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, carefully uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate to do this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions furnished with your new suspension membrane assembly to end repairing the speakers of your Peugeot 308.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Peugeot 308?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Peugeot 308. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are looking to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when picking the speakers you want to replace on your Peugeot 308:
- Selecting which speakers to replace (occasionally just a block in the lower part of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Peugeot 308, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more detailed the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to verify that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is suitable for your set up.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Peugeot 308 SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last stage of our guide on changing speakers on Peugeot 308 . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally delicate).
- Take out the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be very careful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t forget to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Peugeot 308 and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Peugeot 308.
A little suggestions, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on Peugeot 308, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite songs with this brand new sound system. In the event you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your Peugeot 308, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our content page on this subject.
To find more tips on the Peugeot 308, take a look at the Peugeot 308 category.