We are fortunate to have cars that are equipped with a number of options, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Mercedes Benz GLS Class. Whether it’s playing the radio, listening to your favorite musician, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to replace the speakers in your Mercedes Benz GLS Class . In reality, when you identify a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its audio system. In this guide we will present you accurately how to replace the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and at last, likely what brings you here, how to replace the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Mercedes Benz GLS Class
Let’s start our guide on changing speakers on Mercedes Benz GLS Class with the speaker remedy step . It is important to know that this is not a simple task and if you do it, it must be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth changing it with a correct speaker. On the other hand, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just treatment we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class to move and produce sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to work on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, carefully and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it shows that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, move forward to the following sections of this article.
If it doesn’t produce any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions provided with your new suspension membrane assembly to complete repairing the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Mercedes Benz GLS Class?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Mercedes Benz GLS Class. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are seeking to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to produce this choice in a methodical way to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when selecting the speakers you want to replace on your Mercedes Benz GLS Class:
- Deciding which speakers to replace (in some cases just a block in the lower part of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more perfect the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to check that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your installation.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Mercedes Benz GLS Class SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last stage of our guide on changing speakers on Mercedes Benz GLS Class . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually vulnerable).
- Take out the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t forget to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Mercedes Benz GLS Class and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Duplicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Mercedes Benz GLS Class.
A little advice, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they produce quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on Mercedes Benz GLS Class, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite music with this brand new sound system. In case you’re planning to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your Mercedes Benz GLS Class, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our article on this subject.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Benz GLS Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz GLS Class category.