We are lucky to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of features, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Mercedes Benz C Class. If it’s enjoying the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile phone and playing your playlist, the largest part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Mercedes Benz C Class is damaged, you may get a crackling sensation and want to change the speakers in your Mercedes Benz C Class . In fact, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its head unit. In this tutorial we will show you accurately methods to change the speakers of your Mercedes Benz C Class, in depth. To achieve this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and finally, most certainly what brings you in this article, how to change the speakers of your Mercedes Benz C Class.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Mercedes Benz C Class
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on Mercedes Benz C Class with the speaker fix step . It is essential to know that this is not a simple task and if you do it, it needs to be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth replacing it with a correct speaker. On the other hand, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only treatment we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in many instances done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Mercedes Benz C Class to move and generate sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, softly and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you identify a rubbing noise, it shows that your speaker is broken and needs to be replaced. Instead, carry on to the following sections of this guide.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Mercedes Benz C Class, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, carefully uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle to do this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Go through the installation instructions furnished with your new suspension membrane assembly to finish repairing the speakers of your Mercedes Benz C Class.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Mercedes Benz C Class?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Mercedes Benz C Class. Keep in mind that a high-performance audio system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are trying to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when picking the speakers you want to change on your Mercedes Benz C Class:
- Determining which speakers to change (often only a block in the lower component of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Mercedes Benz C Class, the more you select a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more correct the sound of your car will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your installation.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Mercedes Benz C Class SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last step of our tutorial on changing speakers on Mercedes Benz C Class . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually fragile).
- Take out the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be mindful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t forget to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Mercedes Benz C Class and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Mercedes Benz C Class.
A little tips, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on Mercedes Benz C Class, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite tunes with this brand new audio system. In the event you’re planning to finish upgrading your sound system, we suggest that you change the car radio in your Mercedes Benz C Class, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz C Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz C Class category.