We are lucky to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of options, one of the best of which is the audio function in our Lexus ES. If it’s playing the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the most of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Lexus ES is damaged, you may get a crackling sensation and want to replace the speakers in your Lexus ES . In fact, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its head unit. In this tutorial we will show you accurately ways to replace the speakers of your Lexus ES, in depth. To accomplish this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and finally, probably what brings you here, how to replace the speakers of your Lexus ES.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Lexus ES
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on Lexus ES with the speaker remedy step . It is essential to know that this is not a simple task and if you do it, it must be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth replacing it with a best speaker. Nevertheless, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just treatment we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Lexus ES to move and produce sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it shows that your speaker is damaged and needs to be changed. Instead, proceed to the following areas of this article.
If it doesn’t produce any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Lexus ES, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the process, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, carefully uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions provided with your new suspension membrane set up to complete repairing the speakers of your Lexus ES.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Lexus ES?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Lexus ES. Remember that a high-performance audio system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to produce this choice in a methodical way to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when choosing the speakers you want to replace on your Lexus ES:
- Determining which speakers to replace (occasionally just a block in the lower part of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Lexus ES, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more proper the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to verify that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is appropriate for your set up.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Lexus ES SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last section of our tutorial on changing speakers on Lexus ES . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be careful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Lexus ES and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Lexus ES.
A little advice, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they produce a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on Lexus ES, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite songs with this brand new audio system. In the event that you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your Lexus ES, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our content on this subject.
To get more tips on the Lexus ES, take a look at the Lexus ES category.