We are fortunate to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of options, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Kia Carens. Whether it’s enjoying the radio, playing your favorite musician, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the most of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Kia Carens is broken, you may get a crackling sensation and want to change the speakers in your Kia Carens . In fact, when you identify a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its head unit. In this tutorial we will present you exactly methods to change the speakers of your Kia Carens, detailed. To accomplish this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and at last, most likely what brings you on this website, how to change the speakers of your Kia Carens.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Kia Carens
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on Kia Carens with the speaker fix step . It is essential to know that this is not a pretty simple task and if you do it, it should be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a correct speaker. Nevertheless, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances done of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Kia Carens to move and produce sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you detect a rubbing noise, it suggest that your speaker is broken and needs to be changed. Instead, carry on to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t produce any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Kia Carens, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle to do this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane set up to end repairing the speakers of your Kia Carens.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Kia Carens?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Kia Carens. Remember that a high-performance audio system is linked to an uncertain balance. So if you are trying to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to produce this choice in a methodical way to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when choosing the speakers you want to change on your Kia Carens:
- Selecting which speakers to change (in some cases only a block in the lower part of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Kia Carens, the more you choose a speaker model that is pre-loaded with a high number of channels, the more perfect the sound of your car will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is appropriate for your installation.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Kia Carens SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last section of our tutorial on changing speakers on Kia Carens . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if required (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally fragile).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t forget to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Kia Carens and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Kia Carens.
A little advice, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they produce a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on Kia Carens, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite songs with this brand new audio system. In the event that you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you change the car radio in your Kia Carens, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content on this subject.
If you need more guides on the Kia Carens, go to our Kia Carens category.