We are lucky to have cars that are equipped with a number of options, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Hyundai Elantra. Whether it’s listening to the radio, listening to your favorite musician, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Hyundai Elantra is broken, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to change the speakers in your Hyundai Elantra . In fact, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its audio system. In this tutorial we will present you exactly methods to change the speakers of your Hyundai Elantra, step by step. To accomplish this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and at last, probably what brings you here, how to change the speakers of your Hyundai Elantra.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Hyundai Elantra
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on Hyundai Elantra with the speaker repair step . It is essential to know that this is not a pretty simple work and if you do it, it should be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth replacing it with a good speaker. On the other hand, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just treatment we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases made of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Hyundai Elantra to move and produce sound. In the case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, softly and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it means that your speaker is damaged and needs to be changed. Instead, carry on to the following areas of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Hyundai Elantra, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions furnished with your new suspension membrane set up to finish repairing the speakers of your Hyundai Elantra.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Hyundai Elantra?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Hyundai Elantra. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is linked to an uncertain balance. So if you are seeking to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when selecting the speakers you want to change on your Hyundai Elantra:
- Determining which speakers to change (often just a block in the lower component of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Hyundai Elantra, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more correct the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to check that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is appropriate for your set up.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Hyundai Elantra SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last step of our tutorial on changing speakers on Hyundai Elantra . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally fragile).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be careful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t forget to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Hyundai Elantra and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Hyundai Elantra.
A little tips, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change a speaker on Hyundai Elantra, now all you have to do is enjoy your favorite songs with this brand new sound system. In case you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you change the motor vehicle radio in your Hyundai Elantra, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content on this subject.
To find more tips on the Hyundai Elantra, take a look at the Hyundai Elantra category.