We are fortunate to have cars that are built with a number of features, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our Ford Kuga. Whether it’s playing the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the most of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Ford Kuga is broken, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to replace the speakers in your Ford Kuga . In fact, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its sound system. In this tutorial we will present you exactly methods to replace the speakers of your Ford Kuga, in depth. To do this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, almost certainly what brings you in this article, how to replace the speakers of your Ford Kuga.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Ford Kuga
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on Ford Kuga with the speaker remedy step . It is necessary to know that this is not an easy process and if you do it, it needs to be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a best speaker. Nevertheless, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in many instances made of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Ford Kuga to move and generate sound. In the event that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, softly and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you recognize a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is damaged and needs to be changed. Instead, continue to the following areas of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Ford Kuga, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane set up to finish repairing the speakers of your Ford Kuga.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Ford Kuga?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Ford Kuga. Keep in mind that a high-performance speakers is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are seeking to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when picking the speakers you want to replace on your Ford Kuga:
- Choosing which speakers to replace (oftentimes only a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Ford Kuga, the more you choose a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more accurate the sound of your car will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is appropriate for your installation.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Ford Kuga SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last step of our tutorial on changing speakers on Ford Kuga . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if required (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be mindful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event that you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Ford Kuga and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Ford Kuga.
A little tips, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace a speaker on Ford Kuga, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite songs with this brand new speakers. In the event you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you replace the car radio in your Ford Kuga, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
To find more tips on the Ford Kuga, take a look at the Ford Kuga category.