We are lucky to have cars that are equipped with a number of features, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Dodge Caliber. If it’s listening to the radio, listening to your favorite musician, or connecting your mobile phone and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Dodge Caliber is damaged, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to replace the speakers in your Dodge Caliber . In reality, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its sound system. In this guide we will present you precisely how you can replace the speakers of your Dodge Caliber, detailed. To do this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, likely what brings you in this article, how to replace the speakers of your Dodge Caliber.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Dodge Caliber
Let’s start our guide on changing speakers on Dodge Caliber with the speaker fix step . It is important to know that this is not a pretty simple process and if you do it, it needs to be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth replacing it with a good speaker. However, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Dodge Caliber to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you recognize a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, continue to the following areas of this article.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Dodge Caliber, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the process, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, carefully uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane assembly to complete repairing the speakers of your Dodge Caliber.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Dodge Caliber?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Dodge Caliber. Keep in mind that a high-performance speakers is related to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when picking the speakers you want to replace on your Dodge Caliber:
- Selecting which speakers to replace (occasionally only a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Dodge Caliber, the more you select a speaker model that is pre-loaded with a high number of channels, the more accurate the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Make sure to verify that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your installation.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Dodge Caliber SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last section of our guide on changing speakers on Dodge Caliber . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t neglect to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Dodge Caliber and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Duplicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Dodge Caliber.
A little advice, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace a speaker on Dodge Caliber, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite music with this brand new speakers. In case you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we suggest that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your Dodge Caliber, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our article on this subject.
If you have any further questions about the Dodge Caliber, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Caliber category.