We are lucky to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of options, one of the most popular of which is the audio function in our Citroen Cactus. If it’s listening to the radio, listening to your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Citroen Cactus is broken, you may get a crackling sensation and want to change the speakers in your Citroen Cactus . In reality, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its head unit. In this tutorial we will present you precisely ways to change the speakers of your Citroen Cactus, step by step. To achieve this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, probably what brings you here, how to change the speakers of your Citroen Cactus.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Citroen Cactus
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on Citroen Cactus with the speaker repair step . It is important to know that this is not a pretty simple project and if you do it, it must be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth replacing it with a correct speaker. However, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Citroen Cactus to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to operate on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, carefully and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you notice a rubbing noise, it denotes that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, move forward to the following areas of this article.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Citroen Cactus, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate for this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions provided with your new suspension membrane set up to finish repairing the speakers of your Citroen Cactus.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Citroen Cactus?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Citroen Cactus. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is related to an uncertain balance. So if you are trying to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when selecting the speakers you want to change on your Citroen Cactus:
- Deciding which speakers to change (oftentimes only a block in the lower part of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Citroen Cactus, the more you choose a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more perfect the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is appropriate for your set up.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Citroen Cactus SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last step of our tutorial on changing speakers on Citroen Cactus . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases fragile).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be mindful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event that you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Citroen Cactus and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Install the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Citroen Cactus.
A little tips, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change a speaker on Citroen Cactus, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite music with this brand new sound system. In the event you’re planning to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you change the motor vehicle radio in your Citroen Cactus, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our article on this subject.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Citroen Cactus, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Cactus category.