We are lucky to have cars that are built with a number of options, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our Citroen C5 Aircross. If it’s playing the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the most of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Citroen C5 Aircross is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to replace the speakers in your Citroen C5 Aircross . In fact, when you identify a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its audio system. In this tutorial we will present you precisely how to replace the speakers of your Citroen C5 Aircross, detailed. To achieve this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and at last, most certainly what brings you here, how to replace the speakers of your Citroen C5 Aircross.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Citroen C5 Aircross
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on Citroen C5 Aircross with the speaker remedy step . It is necessary to know that this is not an effortless work and if you do it, it needs to be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth replacing it with a best speaker. However, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Citroen C5 Aircross to move and generate sound. In the event that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you recognize a rubbing noise, it shows that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, continue to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Citroen C5 Aircross, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle to do this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Go through the installation instructions furnished with your new suspension membrane assembly to finish repairing the speakers of your Citroen C5 Aircross.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Citroen C5 Aircross?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Citroen C5 Aircross. Remember that a high-performance speakers is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are looking to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical way to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when choosing the speakers you want to replace on your Citroen C5 Aircross:
- Deciding which speakers to replace (occasionally just a block in the lower part of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Citroen C5 Aircross, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more proper the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to verify that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Citroen C5 Aircross SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last stage of our tutorial on changing speakers on Citroen C5 Aircross . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases fragile).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be mindful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Citroen C5 Aircross and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Duplicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Citroen C5 Aircross.
A little tips, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace a speaker on Citroen C5 Aircross, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite songs with this brand new speakers. In the event you’re planning to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your Citroen C5 Aircross, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our content on this subject.
If you want more tutorials on the Citroen C5 Aircross, go to our Citroen C5 Aircross category.