We are lucky to have cars that are equipped with a number of options, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our Chevrolet Equinox. If it’s enjoying the radio, enjoying your favorite musician, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Chevrolet Equinox is broken, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to replace the speakers in your Chevrolet Equinox . In reality, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its sound system. In this guide we will present you exactly methods to replace the speakers of your Chevrolet Equinox, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and finally, almost certainly what brings you on this website, how to replace the speakers of your Chevrolet Equinox.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Chevrolet Equinox
Let’s begin our guide on changing speakers on Chevrolet Equinox with the speaker repair step . It is necessary to know that this is not a simple project and if you do it, it should be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a best speaker. Nevertheless, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in many instances made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Chevrolet Equinox to move and generate sound. In the event that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you identify a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is damaged and needs to be changed. Instead, move forward to the following areas of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t produce any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Chevrolet Equinox, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle to do this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Go through the installation instructions provided with your new suspension membrane set up to finish repairing the speakers of your Chevrolet Equinox.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Chevrolet Equinox?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Chevrolet Equinox. Remember that a high-performance sound system is linked to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to produce this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when selecting the speakers you want to replace on your Chevrolet Equinox:
- Choosing which speakers to replace (occasionally just a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Chevrolet Equinox, the more you choose a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more correct the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Make sure to verify that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your installation.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Chevrolet Equinox SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last step of our guide on changing speakers on Chevrolet Equinox . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be careful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Chevrolet Equinox and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Chevrolet Equinox.
A little suggestions, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they produce quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to replace a speaker on Chevrolet Equinox, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite beats with this brand new sound system. In the event that you’re planning to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you replace the motor vehicle radio in your Chevrolet Equinox, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our content on this subject.
If you wish more guides on the Chevrolet Equinox, go to our Chevrolet Equinox category.