We are fortunate to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of features, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our BMW 5 Series. Whether it’s listening to the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile phone and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your BMW 5 Series is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to change the speakers in your BMW 5 Series . In fact, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its sound system. In this tutorial we will present you precisely ways to change the speakers of your BMW 5 Series, detailed. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and finally, likely what brings you on this website, how to change the speakers of your BMW 5 Series.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON BMW 5 Series
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on BMW 5 Series with the speaker fix step . It is essential to know that this is not a simple project and if you do it, it must be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth replacing it with a correct speaker. On the other hand, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only treatment we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in many instances made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your BMW 5 Series to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to act on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, softly and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you detect a rubbing noise, it means that your speaker is broken and needs to be replaced. Instead, proceed to the following sections of this article.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your BMW 5 Series, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions provided with your new suspension membrane set up to finish repairing the speakers of your BMW 5 Series.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an BMW 5 Series?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your BMW 5 Series. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are trying to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when selecting the speakers you want to change on your BMW 5 Series:
- Deciding which speakers to change (sometimes only a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your BMW 5 Series, the more you choose a speaker model that is pre-loaded with a high number of channels, the more accurate the sound of your car will be. Remember to verify that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your installation.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE BMW 5 Series SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last step of our tutorial on changing speakers on BMW 5 Series . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases delicate).
- Take out the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be careful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event that you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your BMW 5 Series and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Install the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Duplicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your BMW 5 Series.
A little suggestions, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on BMW 5 Series, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite beats with this brand new sound system. In the event you’re planning to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you change the car radio in your BMW 5 Series, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our content on this subject.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the BMW 5 Series, do not hesitate to consult our BMW 5 Series category.