Whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are all the time functioning is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing devices that will surely burn out over time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most probably in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Volkswagen Routan, we’ve written and published this post to enable you do it on your own without having to go to your technician. To begin , we will check out the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan.
How to be sure if the rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t all the time have the possibility to check all the security features of your Volkswagen Routan. In fact, you are often in a hurry and are likely to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact essential to spend some time to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Volkswagen Routan, but you didn’t perceive it. Here are the two ordinary ways to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Volkswagen Routan, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are efficient.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Routan, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first approach shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Volkswagen Routan or your position lights on Volkswagen Routan, don’t be reluctant to browse our articles to help you to achieve this replacing.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Volkswagen Routan
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this article content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Volkswagen Routan? Please be aware that this method is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Volkswagen Routan, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed description to follow in order to carry out this work correctly:
- To access the tail light set up, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is working correctly
In the event that you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Routan, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Routan category.