No matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is fundamental. Surely, bulbs are wearing devices that will inevitably burn out over time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re likely in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Volkswagen Polo, we’ve put into writing this article to enable you do it all on your own without having to go to your technician. In a first step, we will examine inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Volkswagen Polo. Surely, you are more often than not in a hurry and are likely to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact important to make the effort to on occasions examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Volkswagen Polo, but you didn’t perceive it. Here are the two basic ways to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Volkswagen Polo, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Polo, you will realize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Volkswagen Polo or your position lights on Volkswagen Polo, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to complete this replacement.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Volkswagen Polo
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Volkswagen Polo? You should be aware that this technique is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Volkswagen Polo, see our specific content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed description to follow in order to conduct this work properly:
- To access the tail light assembly, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating correctly
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Polo, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo category.