No matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are constantly working is fundamental. Surely, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re certainly on this page because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Toyota Verso, we’ve put into writing this content to enable you do it by yourself without having to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will check out examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota Verso and in a second part, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota Verso.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota Verso is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the security features of your Toyota Verso. Surely, you are quite often in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to spend some time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Toyota Verso, but you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple techniques to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it as soon as possible:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Toyota Verso, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible warning on each car that alerts you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Toyota Verso, you will detect that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first strategy shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Toyota Verso or your position lights on Toyota Verso, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to complete this substitution.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Toyota Verso
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this content, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Toyota Verso? Please note that this operation is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Toyota Verso, see our specific content page. On the other hand, here are the detailed steps to follow to be able to perform this act correctly:
- To access the tail light assembly, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota Verso. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating properly
To get more tips on the Toyota Verso, take a look at the Toyota Verso category.