Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functional is necessary. In actual fact, bulbs are wearing devices that will predictably burn out with time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re trying to figure out how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Toyota C HR, we’ve made this article to help you do it without any help without having to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will check out the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota C HR and in a second part, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota C HR.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota C HR is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security features of your Toyota C HR. In actual fact, you are more often than not in a hurry and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to on occasions verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Toyota C HR, but you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two basic methods to verify if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Toyota C HR, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In truth, there is an audible signal on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Toyota C HR, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first approach shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Toyota C HR or your position lights on Toyota C HR, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles to help you to achieve this replacement.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Toyota C HR
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this article content, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Toyota C HR? You should be aware that this method is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Toyota C HR, see our dedicated content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed steps to adhere to to be able to accomplish this act correctly:
- To access the tail light set up, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Toyota C HR. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, verify your new turn signal bulb is operating correctly
To find more tips on the Toyota C HR, take a look at the Toyota C HR category.