Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness evaluation or to prevent a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functional is critical. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Renault Talisman, we’ve written this content to help you do it by yourself without having to go to your mechanic. To begin , we will have a look at examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Talisman and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Talisman.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Talisman is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Renault Talisman. In reality, you are more often than not in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to make the effort to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Renault Talisman, but you didn’t perceive it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it as soon as possible:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Renault Talisman, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Renault Talisman, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Renault Talisman or your position lights on Renault Talisman, don’t hesitate to have a look at our articles to help you to do this replacement.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Renault Talisman
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this guideline, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Renault Talisman? Take note that this method is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Renault Talisman, see our specific guideline. However, here are the detailed description to carry out in order to complete this work correctly:
- To access the tail light set up, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have sooner diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Talisman. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is functioning effectively
In the event that you have any further questions about the Renault Talisman, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Talisman category.