Whether for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or to prevent a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are constantly functional is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing devices that will inevitably burn out in the long run and consequently need to be replaced. You’re probably on this page because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Renault Scenic 2, we’ve written and published this post to enable you do it all on your own without having to go to your technician. In a first step, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 2 and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 2.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 2 is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Renault Scenic 2. In fact, you are often times on the go and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result important to take the time to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Renault Scenic 2, but you didn’t identify it. Here are the two basic methods to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Renault Scenic 2, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. In truth, there is an audible signal on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Renault Scenic 2, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this involves that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first approach shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Renault Scenic 2 or your position lights on Renault Scenic 2, don’t be reluctant to read our publications to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Renault Scenic 2
Now let’s go to the most important step of this content, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Renault Scenic 2? Please be aware that this technique is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Renault Scenic 2, see our specific article. Nevertheless, here are the detailed steps to carry out in order to perform this act correctly:
- To access the tail light set up, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 2. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is operating effectively
To discover more tips on the Renault Scenic 2, take a look at the Renault Scenic 2 category.