Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after a while and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re likely on this page because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Renault Kadjar, we’ve posted this post to teach you do it on your own without having to go to your technician. In a first step, we will take a look at inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Kadjar and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Kadjar.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Kadjar is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the safety features of your Renault Kadjar. In reality, you are quite often in a rush and are likely to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact important to take a little time to on occasions examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Renault Kadjar, but you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two ordinary ways to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Renault Kadjar, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In fact, there is an audible warning on each car that informs you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Renault Kadjar, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first approach shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Renault Kadjar or your position lights on Renault Kadjar, don’t be reluctant to consult our publications to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Renault Kadjar
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this article content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Renault Kadjar? Please be aware that this technique is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Renault Kadjar, see our dedicated article content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed description to follow in order to conduct this process properly:
- To access the tail light assembly, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Remove the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have sooner diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Renault Kadjar. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is working properly
To get more tips on the Renault Kadjar, take a look at the Renault Kadjar category.