Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. Surely, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will predictably burn out after a while and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Ram ProMaster City, we’ve put into writing this content to enable you do it by yourself without having to go to your repair shop. To begin , we will look at the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Ram ProMaster City. Surely, you are often times in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result fundamental to make the effort to in some instances check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Ram ProMaster City, but you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two ordinary techniques to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Ram ProMaster City, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Ram ProMaster City, you will detect that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Ram ProMaster City or your position lights on Ram ProMaster City, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to do this replacing.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Ram ProMaster City
Now let’s go to the most instersting step of this article, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Ram ProMaster City? Take note that this procedure is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Ram ProMaster City, see our specific content. On the other hand, here are the detailed description to carry out in order to perform this act accurately:
- To access the tail light assembly, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is working in the right way
If you want more tutorials on the Ram ProMaster City, go to our Ram ProMaster City category.