Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are all the time functioning is critical. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out in the long run and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re certainly on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Porsche 911, we’ve written this content to teach you do it all on your own without having to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will check out the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Porsche 911 and in a second step, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Porsche 911.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Porsche 911 is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t all the time have the occasion to check all the safety features of your Porsche 911. In fact, you are generally on the go and are likely to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore crucial to take a little time to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Porsche 911, but you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it as soon as possible:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Porsche 911, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible warning on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Porsche 911, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Porsche 911
Now let’s go to the most important step of this article, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Porsche 911? Please note that this operation is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Porsche 911, see our dedicated guideline. However, here are the detailed description to follow to be able to execute this work accurately:
- To access the tail light set up, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Porsche 911. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is working properly
To get more tips on the Porsche 911, take a look at the Porsche 911 category.