Whether for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or to prevent a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing devices that will inevitably burn out after a while and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re certainly in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re attempting to find how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Opel Astra, we’ve made this content to help you do it without any help without having to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Astra and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Astra.
How to be sure if the rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Astra is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Opel Astra. In reality, you are often in a hurry and are likely to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore fundamental to make the effort to occasionally examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Opel Astra, but you didn’t identify it. Here are the two basic methods to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it as soon as possible:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Opel Astra, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Opel Astra, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first approach shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Opel Astra or your position lights on Opel Astra, don’t hesitate to browse our publications to help you to achieve this replacement.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Opel Astra
Now let’s go to the most important step of this guideline, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Opel Astra? Please be aware that this technique is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Opel Astra, see our specific article content. On the other hand, here are the detailed steps to carry out to be able to carry out this act properly:
- To access the tail light set up, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have sooner diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Opel Astra. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is working properly
If you need more guides on the Opel Astra, go to our Opel Astra category.