No matter if it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are constantly functional is imperative. Surely, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out with time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re most likely here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re trying to figure out how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Nissan Rogue, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it on your own without having to go to your motor mechanic. In a first step, we will examine the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue and in a second step, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue.
How to be sure if the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Nissan Rogue. Surely, you are quite often in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore necessary to take some time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Nissan Rogue, but you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two ordinary methods to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Nissan Rogue, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are efficient.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible warning on each car that alerts you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Nissan Rogue, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Nissan Rogue or your position lights on Nissan Rogue, don’t be reluctant to consult our publications to help you to complete this substitution.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Nissan Rogue
Now let’s go to the most instersting step of this article content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Nissan Rogue? Please note that this technique is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Nissan Rogue, see our specific article. However, here are the full description to adhere to to be able to execute this process accurately:
- To access the tail light set up, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is operating in the right way
To discover more tips on the Nissan Rogue, take a look at the Nissan Rogue category.