No matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or to prevent a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are all the time functional is fundamental. Indeed, bulbs are wearing devices that will obviously burn out in the long run and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most certainly in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Nissan Qashqai, we’ve made this article to enable you do it without any help without having to go to your auto mechanic. To begin , we will examine examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai and in a second part, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai.
How to be sure if the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t all the time have the possibility to examine all the security features of your Nissan Qashqai. Indeed, you are more often than not in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore necessary to take some time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Nissan Qashqai, but you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Nissan Qashqai, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In truth, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Nissan Qashqai, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Nissan Qashqai or your position lights on Nissan Qashqai, don’t be reluctant to read our web content to help you to complete this replacement.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Nissan Qashqai
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this guideline, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Nissan Qashqai? Please note that this technique is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Nissan Qashqai, see our specific article content. On the other hand, here are the detailed description to stick to to be able to do this work correctly:
- To access the tail light set up, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating correctly
If you need more tutorials on the Nissan Qashqai, go to our Nissan Qashqai category.