No matter if it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. In actual fact, bulbs are wearing devices that will obviously burn out after a while and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re attempting to find how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Nissan Pathfinder, we’ve posted this content to enable you do it by yourself without having to go to your motor mechanic. To begin , we will check out examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Nissan Pathfinder. In actual fact, you are quite often on the go and are likely to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact essential to make the effort to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Nissan Pathfinder, but you didn’t identify it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Nissan Pathfinder, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In truth, there is an audible warning on each car that informs you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Nissan Pathfinder, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first strategy shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Nissan Pathfinder or your position lights on Nissan Pathfinder, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to do this substitution.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Nissan Pathfinder
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this article, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Nissan Pathfinder? Please note that this technique is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Nissan Pathfinder, see our dedicated article content. However, here are the full description to follow to be able to do this process accurately:
- To access the tail light set up, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Remove the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is functioning properly
If you need more guides on the Nissan Pathfinder, go to our Nissan Pathfinder category.