Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or to prevent a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are constantly functioning is very important. In actual fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out after a while and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Nissan NV200, we’ve created this article to enable you do it all on your own without having to go to your auto mechanic. To begin , we will look at examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan NV200 and in a second step, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan NV200.
How to be sure if the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan NV200 is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Nissan NV200. In actual fact, you are more often than not in a rush and are likely to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact crucial to make the effort to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Nissan NV200, but you didn’t identify it. Here are the two basic methods to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Nissan NV200, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. In truth, there is an audible warning on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Nissan NV200, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first strategy shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Nissan NV200 or your position lights on Nissan NV200, don’t be reluctant to consult our publications to help you to achieve this replacement.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Nissan NV200
Now let’s go to the most instersting step of this article, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Nissan NV200? You should be aware that this technique is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Nissan NV200, see our specific article. On the other hand, here are the detailed description to follow to be able to perform this process accurately:
- To access the tail light assembly, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Remove the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have sooner recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Nissan NV200. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is functioning properly
If you need more tutorials on the Nissan NV200, go to our Nissan NV200 category.