Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or to prevent a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are constantly working is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out in the long run and therefore need to be replaced. You’re probably in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, we’ve made this post to help you do it on your own without having to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will take a look at examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and in a second step, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the occasion to verify all the safety features of your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. Indeed, you are often in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore necessary to spend some time to once in a while verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, but you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible warning on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, you will realize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Mitsubishi Outlander Sport or your position lights on Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, don’t hesitate to read our web content to help you to realize this replacement.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Now let’s go to the most instersting step of this article content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Mitsubishi Outlander Sport? Please note that this technique is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, see our dedicated guideline. On the other hand, here are the detailed description to adhere to to be able to conduct this work correctly:
- To access the tail light assembly, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Remove the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, verify your new turn signal bulb is functioning in the right way
If you wish more tutorials on the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, go to our Mitsubishi Outlander Sport category.