No matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functional is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out with time and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Mercedes Sprinter 2, we’ve put into writing this post to teach you do it all on your own without having to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will examine examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Sprinter 2 and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Sprinter 2.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Sprinter 2 is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to check all the security features of your Mercedes Sprinter 2. In fact, you are often times in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take a little time to once in a while check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Mercedes Sprinter 2, but you didn’t notice it. Here are the two ordinary solutions to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Mercedes Sprinter 2, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Mercedes Sprinter 2, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Mercedes Sprinter 2 or your position lights on Mercedes Sprinter 2, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to realize this substitution.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Mercedes Sprinter 2
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Mercedes Sprinter 2? Please be aware that this procedure is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Mercedes Sprinter 2, see our dedicated content page. However, here are the full description to carry out to be able to carry out this work properly:
- To access the tail light assembly, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Sprinter 2. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is functioning in the right way
To find more tips on the Mercedes Sprinter 2, take a look at the Mercedes Sprinter 2 category.