No matter if it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is necessary. In actual fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will surely burn out in the long run and consequently need to be replaced. You’re most probably on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Mercedes C class, we’ve put into writing this post to enable you do it without any help without having to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Mercedes C class. In actual fact, you are more often than not on the go and tend to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result crucial to make the effort to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Mercedes C class, but you didn’t detect it. Here are the two basic ways to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Mercedes C class, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. In truth, there is an audible warning on each car that informs you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Mercedes C class, you will detect that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first approach shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Mercedes C class or your position lights on Mercedes C class, don’t be reluctant to read our web content to help you to do this replacing.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Mercedes C class
Now let’s go to the most instersting step of this guideline, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Mercedes C class? You should be aware that this method is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Mercedes C class, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed description to follow in order to execute this process properly:
- To access the tail light assembly, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is working correctly
If you have any additional questions about the Mercedes C class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes C class category.